Do you like my new crochet bag!?! I love love love it!! It is made using the corner to corner stitch (or C2C as it’s often called) and is based on the Granny Hotchpotch bag I made a couple of months ago. I don’t think I wrote a blog post about that bag, which is a shame because it is lovely. Here it is…
The idea for both bags is for them to be the ultimate stash busters. You know the sort of thing, all those scraps you saved and don’t know what to do with but don’t want to throw away. I tied loads of them together using the magic knot and just got hooking.
Both the bags are made using my leftovers of Paintbox Simply Aran acrylic but you can use pretty much any yarn you want. It’s a hotchpotch of stuff, see?!
Below I will add a photo of the notes I scribbled to give you a better idea of what’s what. I’m not writing a specific pattern for this one. But before you disappear I will tell you where to find what else you might need/want…
- For a video tutorial on how to make a small version of the granny bag go HERE. I give a bit of advice about lining (and zips!) too.
- To hear me gush about the C2C version, go here to YouTube
- To hear me go into a bit more detail about the granny version go HERE
- I bought the bag straps from Amazon. Blue ones HERE. Brown ones HERE
- Adding the handles is just a question of a few stitches through the holes. You will probably need to reinforce these by stitching through a layer of lining too.
- Lengths of yarn: I saved the shorter ones for each end of the ball as that’s where the shorter rows will fall. Some in the middle might’ve been 4 or 5 gram balls (at a guess) but keep ’em all different for the best look.
- I have started a board on Pinterest especially for Corner to Corner crochet – I love it that much!
- For a more thorough C2C bag pattern I have one for sale in Ravelry. It has photo tutorials on the C2C stitch, how to line the bag and add the magnetic clasp.
If you make a bag of your own, don’t forget to get in touch to tell me all about it! #zeensandroger @zeensandroger over of IG. Sharing a free pattern, no matter how casual it may seem, takes a lot of work. Seeing credit given will always put a smile of the desginer’s face. 😀
You may be interested to know that I’m going to host a C2C Crochetalong in the autumn. I will come back with more info about that nearer the time. All I know is that it’ll be a blast! Cheers. xxxx